Realising promotional potential
Who was our client?
Our client is one of the world’s largest bottlers in the non-alcoholic drinks industry
Why did they get in touch?
They were struggling with new and inefficient business processes following a SAP TPM implementation.
KAMs were drowning in numerous Excel spreadsheets, and spending a lot of their time consolidating data for reporting purposes.
Post promotional analysis was infrequent and not really absorbed into the business or acted upon.
The business was not delivering the levels of return on promotional spend they knew they were capable of.
Check out the full case study here.
The Acumen answer
We implemented Acumen Invest™ to enable them to realise their promotional potential
Our consultants worked with their team to integrate the data from multiple Excel spread sheets across the business into one place – Acumen Invest™.
Full supplier & customer P&Ls then allowed them to see their promotional plan clearly, allowing more time to be spent on:
- Generating in depth insights on promotional performance, mechanic by mechanic
- Reviewing the outputs of our prebuilt reports in their monthly promo planning meetings
- Comparing promotional calendars across customers and channels
Acumen Invest™ gave them an accurate and consistent pre-evaluation of all their promotions – past and future – across customer teams prompting them to:
- Have discussions with other channels about how they can adapt their plans to avoid cannibalisation
- Evaluate deals in a different light
- Review historic deals to inform future plans
- Drive greater control over promotions exceptions
By phasing the implementation we made sure teams weren’t overwhelmed by the change so we got great adoption. We could also respond to evolving requirements, delivering a solution that exactly met their needs.
Giving cross functional teams access to the application meant that:
- Less time is spent in meetings discussing plans as everyone has visibility in the app
- KAMs learn every time they set up a promotion, they are no longer running the same promotion over & over
- We reduced sales team reliance on commercial finance support
- Finance use Invest™ to feed SAP TPM accruals giving them more accurate accruals
- Demand planners can easily pull an accurate view of their forecast whenever they want
More profitable promotions, better ways of working
Implementing Acumen Invest™ delivered an estimated €3m in forecast accuracy savings in the first year, as well as significant improvements in promotional ROI & resource savings
More time to spend interpreting the data rather than managing the data itself. In one example, pack re-engineering evaluation took 3 days rather than the 6 weeks it had taken previously
In total, an estimated 100+ KAM days a year saving on forecasting